May 2018 – Chambers USA has released its 2018 rankings, and Chaffetz Lindsey has again been recognized in the areas of International Arbitration (Nationwide) and Insurance (Dispute Resolution in New York). Several lawyers from the firm are highlighted as notable practitioners in these areas, including Peter Chaffetz, Steve Schwartz, Charles Scibetta and Cecilia Moss for Insurance, and David Lindsey, James Hosking, Aníbal Sabater, and Yasmine Lahlou for International Arbitration.
Our insurance practice is noted by Chambers USA as having “extensive knowledge of the reinsurance industry, skilled handling of arbitrations and other disputes and a developing focus on direct insurance matters.” Clients stated, “They are high-quality, excellent lawyers and leave no stone unturned” and also admire “the team approach: You are not hiring just an individual, you are hiring a team.”
- Peter Chaffetz is described as an “extremely effective advocate” who “is insightful and provides great service.”
- Steve Schwartz is praised for his “thorough, dedicated and creative approach,” as well as his “very well-prepared, analytical style,” with others reporting, “We are happy to give our biggest cases to him.”
- Charlie Scibetta appears on the list for the first time with clients detailing him as “very practical and can tailor his services to the business needs and dispute.”
- Cia Moss is also noted as a “Recognized Practitioner” both in reinsurance and direct insurance matters.
The firm’s International Arbitration group is hailed by clients as having an “exceptional level of client service. They can always be relied upon to make themselves available and provide advice whenever necessary. In addition, they are very business and solution oriented – they are good at understanding the commercial sensitivities of cases and trying to focus on a good outcome for the company.”
- Chambers notes David Lindsey’s “market-wide recognition for his representation of clients in commercial arbitrations.”
- James Hosking is lauded by sources as “a passionate advocate for his client” who is “extremely responsive, no matter where he is in the world.” He is also noted for “his excellent business acumen to get to the heart of the matter, and provides strategic and practical advice.”
- The “very responsive and very smart” Aníbal Sabater is recommended, with sources noting that as his native Spanish abilities “really contributes to the clarity of the arguments and the management of the case in a more expeditious way.”
- Chambers highlighted “very proactive” Yasmine Lahlou’s expertise in commercial arbitrations.
To view the firm’s entire profile, please visit the Chambers USA website. Since 1999, Chambers & Partners has been researching the global legal profession, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms. Chambers USA 2018 rankings are determined through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients worldwide. The results are audited independently and are based on a range of professional qualities most valued by clients.