June 2017 – Chaffetz Lindsey partner Andy Frischknecht is featured as an expert on the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (“FSIA”) in the June/July 2017 issue of Practical Law: The Journal, published by Thomson Reuters. In a wide-ranging Q&A, Andy discusses…Read More
Farrell Brody has been with Chaffetz Lindsey since April 2015. He has experience in international and domestic arbitration, general commercial litigation and insurance coverage disputes.
Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey, Farrell was an associate at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, where he worked on commercial, bankruptcy, patent, employment, insurance, class action and pro bono litigation matters. His pro bono experience has included assisting a client in obtaining asylum, representing several criminal defendants in proceedings in the S.D.N.Y., obtaining a preliminary injunction to maintain full-time nursing services for a senior citizen and filing a habeas corpus petition on behalf of an incarcerated individual serving a life sentence.
- Representing a major energy corporation in enforcement proceedings concerning a foreign arbitration award.
- Representing a natural resources corporation in connection with a challenge to an arbitration award.
- Representing a global insurance company in a major coverage dispute.
- The Commercial Activity Exception to Sovereign Immunity Under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (Practical Law, May 2017, with Andreas Frischknecht).
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2012; Staff Development Editor for the Review of Law and Social Change.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A. in Economics and Sociology.
- Admitted in New York, 2013.
- Admitted in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 2013.