June 2017 – Chaffetz Lindsey partner Andy Frischknecht is featured as an expert on the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (“FSIA”) in the June/July 2017 issue of Practical Law: The Journal, published by Thomson Reuters. In a wide-ranging Q&A, Andy discusses…Read More
Farrell Brody joined Chaffetz Lindsey in April 2015. He has experience in international and domestic arbitrations, complex commercial litigation and insurance coverage disputes.
Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey, Farrell was an associate at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, where he worked on commercial, bankruptcy, patent, employment, insurance, class action and pro bono litigation matters.
His pro bono experience has included assisting a client in obtaining asylum, representing several criminal defendants in proceedings in the S.D.N.Y., obtaining a preliminary injunction to maintain full-time nursing services for a senior citizen and filing a habeas corpus petition on behalf of an incarcerated individual serving a life sentence.
Farrell is a member of the First Decade Committee of the Federal Bar Council and serves as a co-Editor of India Law News, a publication of the ABA Section of International Law.
- Representing a Brazilian construction company in dispute concerning the construction of a number of ships.
- Representing a Brazilian naval construction company engaged in the engineering and construction of an FPSO vessel under a New York-law contract.
- Representing a foreign central bank in the Southern District of New York in a dispute over the validity and timeliness of claims for repayment under loan agreements.
- Representing a major energy corporation in enforcement proceedings in the Southern District of New York concerning a foreign arbitration award.
- Represented a Brazilian construction company in ICC arbitration concerning the construction of an offshore oil production unit.
- Represented a natural resources corporation in connection with a challenge to an arbitration award.
- Represented a number of global insurance companies in major coverage disputes.
- The Commercial Activity Exception to Sovereign Immunity Under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (Practical Law, May 2017, with Andreas Frischknecht).
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Guest Lecturer on “Corruption in International Arbitration,” in International Investment Law class at University of Pennsylvania Law School (April 5, 2016).
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2012; Staff Development Editor for the Review of Law and Social Change.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A. in Economics and Sociology.
- Admitted in New York, 2013.
- Admitted in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 2013.
- Admitted in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2017.