Nathaniel E. Marmon joined Chaffetz Lindsey in January 2014. Nathaniel focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey, Nathaniel was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison and Hogan Lovells.
- Successful defense at trial and on appeal of a global financial institution in connection with a lawsuit asserting claims of fraud and aiding and abetting fraud, among other things, and seeking damages of over $30 billion.
- Successful defense of a global financial institution, in federal court, against a securities class-action lawsuit, and other related litigation, brought by investors in the auction-rate-securities market.
- Successful defense of a prominent New York hedge fund, in state court, against a lawsuit by a former partner seeking over $35 million for a purported breach of contract and assorted additional claims.
- Successful defense of corporate officers in federal court against lawsuits brought under Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act.
- Representation of judgment creditors in New York enforcement proceeding in connection with, among other things, a successful motion to hold the judgment debtors in contempt for failure to answer discovery.
- Favorable settlement of an expedited litigation in the Delaware Chancery Court arising out of the dissolution of a private equity firm and successful subsequent motion practice to enforce the terms of the settlement agreement.
- Representation of a corporation in connection with derivative litigation in Delaware Chancery Court challenging a transaction approved by the corporation’s board of directors.
- Favorable settlement of a petition in the Bronx Family Court to terminate the parental rights of an indigent mother, where Nathaniel acted as the mother’s lead trial counsel on a pro-bono basis.
- New York University School of Law (J.D.), 2006. New York University Law Review, Associate Editor.
- Yeshiva University (B.A.), 2000.
- Admitted in New York and New Jersey.