February 2016 – Law360 reported on February 29th that Chaffetz Lindsey has filed a petition asking a New York federal court to confirm and enforce an arbitration award issued by an international arbitration tribunal in favor our client Greatex Trade…Read More
Ted DeBonis is an associate with Chaffetz Lindsey LLP. Ted has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of complex litigation and arbitration matters, including insurance and reinsurance arbitration and mediation, securities litigation, and international commercial arbitration. He has represented banks, fund companies, insurers and reinsurers, multinational corporations, and individuals.
Ted joined Chaffetz Lindsey in April 2011 from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where he was an associate for five years. While at Simpson Thacher, Ted spent several years litigating, arbitrating, and mediating issues arising out of the September 11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
Prior to commencing his legal career, Ted worked in the financial industry as an equities and derivatives trader.
- Currently representing a global insurance company in several major coverage disputes.
- Currently representing a UK company in an ICDR arbitration relating to a joint venture dispute.
- Represented a European pension fund in litigation against a large financial services company for failure to deliver securities.
- Represented a European reinsurance company in arbitration disputes with U.S. based insurance companies relating to excess of loss reinsurance contracts.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2005; Articles and Notes Editor of the St. John’s Law Review.
- Columbia University, B.A., 1997.
- Admitted in New York, 2006.