March 2017 – The second installment of Chaffetz Lindsey’s Insurance/Reinsurance Report is now available. The report contains recent case summaries to keep you informed on new developments, and reminded of old ones. The cases in this issue include: Second Circuit asks…Read More
Andrew Poplinger joined the firm in 2012. Andrew’s practice focuses on insurance and reinsurance litigation and arbitration, domestic and international arbitration and general commercial litigation.
Immediately prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey, Andrew clerked for the Honorable Richard K. Eaton of the United States Court of International Trade. Andrew was previously an associate with Bickel & Brewer.
- Represented a Brazilian construction company in ICC arbitration concerning the construction of an offshore oil production unit.
- Represented an international insurance company in several arbitrations with various reinsurers seeking recovery for environmental losses.
- Represented a foreign sovereign in federal court litigation over disputed ownership of artwork.
- Represented the general partner of a PURPA-regulated power generation facility in an AAA arbitration brought by limited partners.
- Represented a Turkish holding company in federal district court and appellate proceedings concerning the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award and a related arbitration in Europe under the ICC Rules.
- Represented a large international insurance carrier in federal district court proceedings seeking recovery of payments under two reinsurance agreements with former syndicates of Lloyds of London.
- Represented an international insurance company in an arbitration with its reinsurer relating to mortgage losses from the 2008 financial crisis.
- Represented minority shareholders of a cable television company in an action for breach of a shareholder agreement and fiduciary duties arising from a squeeze-out merger.
- Represented an investment fund in arbitration against an international hotel company for breach of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Represented a hedge fund manager in multiple matters relating to investor redemptions and bankruptcy of underperforming funds.
- Points of Departure: Procedural Differences Between International Arbitration and U.S. Reinsurance Arbitration, ARIAS-US Quarterly (First Quarter 2015) (with Peter Chaffetz and Gretta Walters).
- The Diversity Hurdles Unincorporated Associations Face, New York Law Journal (Special Section: Litigation) (Sept. 13, 2010) (with Alexander D. Widell).
- No Vesting of Property Rights Where Municipal Discretion Remains, 5 (no. 4) New York Zoning Law and Practice Report 1 (with Patricia Salkin).
- Albany Law School (J.D.), summa cum laude, 2006; Senior Editor for the Albany Law Review.
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A. and M.A., political communication), 2003.
- Admitted to practice in New York and Texas.