June 2018 – Chaffetz Lindsey has again been ranked in Legal 500 USA’s annual guide to the top teams in International Arbitration and Insurance for 2018. Our firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance practice was ranked Tier 2 in the Insurance: Advice…Read More
Yasmine Lahlou has 13 years of experience in international arbitration and litigation and has been with Chaffetz Lindsey since 2009. She advises and represents U.S. and international clients on a range of commercial disputes, in both international arbitration and litigation proceedings. Initially trained in Paris and admitted in New York, Yasmine is experienced in civil and common law systems. Yasmine has represented clients in arbitration proceedings conducted under the ICC, ICDR, LCIA, UNCITRAL and ad hoc rules. She has acted as a sole and co-arbitrator in ICC and Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) arbitrations.
Yasmine practiced in Paris for over four years at Castaldi Mourre & Partners, before joining Clifford Chance in New York in 2005. She is fluent in English, French and Italian.
Yasmine has been recognized in Chambers USA and Super Lawyers. Formerly a co-chair of the Middle East Committee of the ABA International Law Section, Yasmine is now vice-chair of the International Litigation and International Arbitration Committees. In July 2013, she was recognized by the ABA International Law Section when it bestowed on the ABA Middle East Committee the award for Outstanding Collaboration Between Committees for “The Syrian Refugee Crisis: Perspectives from the US, UN, and Civil Society” roundtable. Yasmine is a member of the ICC’s Young Arbitrators Forum’s (YAF) Regional Coordinating Committee for North America. Yasmine co-founded the European Lawyers Forum to provide lawyers trained in Europe or practicing at European-based firms in New York with a venue to meet and discuss issues affecting U.S./E.U. commerce and dispute resolution.
- Representing an Italian construction company in an ICC arbitration regarding a power plant construction project in Guatemala.
- Representing a Brazilian company in an ICC arbitration regarding the construction of a floating production unit.
- Representing an insurance carrier in a Bermuda Form arbitration in an insurance coverage dispute.
- Represented a U.S.-based company in an ICC arbitration seated in Washington, D.C. arising out of a breach of a distribution agreement.
- Represented a Korean construction company in an ICDR arbitration arising out of a road construction project in Afghanistan.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in an ICDR arbitration against a competitor concerning a manufacturing agreement.
- Represented a leading Brazilian private equity firm in an ICC arbitration seated in Sao Paulo against one of the world’s largest hedge funds.
- Represented a satellite manufacturer in an ICC arbitration against an insurer to recover losses arising out of satellite launch delay.
- “An Overview of the Law Applicable to Arbitrations Sited in New York,” International Commercial Arbitration in New York (Carter, Fellas, eds.), Oxford University Press (2010)(with David Lindsey).
- Regular contributor since 2000 on conflict of laws issues, Revue de Droit des Affaires Internationales / International Business Law Journal, Thomson Reuters Group.
- “Le Role de l’Arbitre dans la Lutte Contre la Corruption,” (The Role of Arbitrators in Combating Corruption), Revue de Droit des Affaires Internationales / International Business Law Journal (2012).
- “L’applicabilitie de L’Article 28 U.S.C. 1782 a l’Arbitrage Commercial International,” Les Cahiers de l’Arbitrage (2009).
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Enforcing International Arbitral Awards, Panelist, Association for Conflict Resolution-Greater New York’s 12th Annual Conference at the Cardozo School of Law (New York, June 2013).
- Attorney-Client Privilege vs. the Concept of Professional Secrecy in Continental Europe, Panelist, New York City Bar / Paris Bar (New York, May 2013).
- The Opportunities and Risks of 28 U.S.C. § 1782: U.S. Discovery “Assistance” to Foreign Legal Proceedings, Panelist, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Conference (Chicago, April 2013).
- Hot Topics in International Arbitration in the Middle East, Panelist, First Annual ICC Houston Conference on International Arbitration (Houston, April 2013).
- University of Texas Austin Law School, Graduate Studies, 1999.
- Paris X – Nanterre University, Maîtrise en Droit, 1998.
- Admitted in New York, 2003.
- Admitted in Paris, France, 2001.