April 2019 – Chambers & Partners has released its 2019 USA Guide and once again recognized Chaffetz Lindsey’s International Arbitration (Nationwide) and Insurance (Dispute Resolution: Insurer in New York) practices areas. Several of the firm’s lawyers from these practice areas were individually highlighted as well, including David Lindsey, James Hosking, Aníbal Sabater, and Yasmine Lahlou for International Arbitration, and Peter Chaffetz, Steve Schwartz, Charles Scibetta, and Cecilia Moss for Insurance.
Chaffetz Lindsey’s International Arbitration practice is noted by Chambers USA as a “versatile dispute resolution boutique” with “significant multilingual capabilities.” Clients stated “they have international capabilities” and “ are very professional and have abundant experience in arbitration procedures and the enforcement of awards.”
- Aníbal Sabater “adapts very well to evolving scenarios and thinks out of the box” according to an interviewee.
- David Lindsey is “held in high regard for his handling of complex arbitrations under UNCITRAL and ICC rules, among others.”
- James Hosking is described by clients as “affable, analytical and very clever.”
- Yasmine Lahlou is noted for being “very good with clients”and for “her strength in Latin American disputes.”
The Insurance practice is described by Chambers USA as a “Strong boutique with extensive knowledge of the reinsurance industry, skilled handling of arbitrations and other disputes and a developing focus on direct insurance matters.” Sources say “It is an excellent firm; very diligent, creative and has intellectual depth.”
- Charles Scibetta is praised for being “well prepared, good at oral arguments and a talented lawyer.“
- Peter Chaffetz is “”is a real talent and great in court” and is “well regarded for his experience handling an array of large-scale disputes in the insurance sphere.”
- Steven Schwartz is described by clients as “ a trusted adviser; he gives consistently good advice and produces an excellent work product.”
- Cecilia Moss was listed as a “Recognised Practitioner.”
To view the firm’s entire profile, please visit the Chambers USA website. Since 1999, Chambers & Partners has been researching the global legal profession, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms. Chambers USA 2019 rankings are determined through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients worldwide. The results are audited independently and are based on a range of professional qualities most valued by clients.