David Berman has experience in international arbitration, commercial litigation, and False Claims Act matters. He has represented individual and corporate clients in federal and state court and before international arbitral tribunals.
David served as a law clerk for Judge Edith Brown Clement (United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2014-2015), Judge Richard G. Stearns (United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2013-2014), and the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Appellate Staff (2011).
Before joining Chaffetz Lindsey, David was an associate at Williams & Connolly LLP.
- Currently represents software company in commercial dispute in New York federal court.
- As lead counsel, obtained tort judgment and award of treble damages against corporation in Virginia state court.
- Successfully represented a pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration, seated in Paris, concerning performance under a patent-license agreement.
- Represented a defense contractor in action under the False Claims Act in Arizona federal court and in action to enforce a foreign judgment in Arizona state court.
- University of Oxford (Magdalen College), Bachelor of Civil Law, Distinction, 2016; Law Faculty Prize in International Commercial Arbitration
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2012; James Kent Scholar; Best in Class Prize in Corporations and Family Law
- Dartmouth College, A.B., cum laude, 2009; Rufus Choate Scholar
- New York, Massachusetts, District of Columbia
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit