Diego is a Chilean lawyer. He has represented clients in domestic and international arbitration, insurance litigation and complex commercial litigation. He is experienced in complex disputes involving the interplay of civil and criminal law.
Before working with Chaffetz Lindsey, Diego was a senior associate at Ortúzar, Vergara & Boetsch, a boutique firm based in Chile, focused in litigation and arbitration. He also acted as a criminal law professor at Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Assisted in the representation of an international finance group in a ICC arbitration regarding the breach of financing contract.
- Represented an International Insurance Company in recovery action for the damages suffered by the restauration of a National Monument affected by a fire.
- Represented national shareholders in arbitration involving an action to declare null and void a capital increase and several alleged breaches of the shareholder’s agreement.
- Represented a real estate and construction company in proceedings related to the construction permits of a major hotel project in Santiago, Chile.
- Represented a salmon farming company in an arbitration in connection to a breach of contract arising under the sale of stock of a former salmon farming project.
- Advised a construction company in negotiations and settlement of a dispute against an Oil State owned company in connection to the construction of a pipeline.
- Harlan Fiske Scholar, Columbia Law School, 2018.
- Fulbright Scholar, 2017.
- Becas Chile. Scholarship from Chile’s Government to pursue Master’s Degree abroad, 2017.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M., 2018.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, J.D. summa cum laude, 2010.
- Chile, 2011.