Where Advocacy Meets Business
David Berman has experience in international arbitration, commercial litigation, and False Claims Act matters. He has represented individual and corporate clients in federal and state court and before international arbitral tribunals.
David served as a law clerk for Judge Edith Brown Clement (United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2014-2015), Judge Richard G. Stearns (United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2013-2014), and the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Appellate Staff (2011).
Before joining Chaffetz Lindsey, David was an associate at Williams & Connolly LLP.
- Representing foreign sovereign in breach-of-contract dispute in an ICC arbitration seated in London.
- Representing Brazilian construction company in breach-of-contract dispute in an ICC arbitration seated in New York.
- Representing reinsurer in appeal before the Second Circuit.
- Represented a software company in commercial dispute in New York federal court.
- As lead counsel, obtained tort judgment and award of treble damages against corporation in Virginia state court.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration, seated in Paris, concerning performance under a patent-license agreement.
- Represented a defense contractor in action under the False Claims Act in Arizona federal court and in action to enforce a foreign judgment in Arizona state court.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.