Where Advocacy Meets Business
“I work hard at building strong ties with our clients and meeting their needs. For our clients from Latin America, I provide the essential link between cultures and languages. At the same time, I have enjoyed the opportunity I have had at Chaffetz Lindsey to work on US-based litigation matters and to draft pleadings and memoranda related to those cases.”
Lidia represents clients in a variety of industries in international and domestic arbitration in the U.S. and Brazil. She also handles complex U.S. litigation matters, including insurance and reinsurance.
Lidia has represented foreign and national companies before U.S. courts and international arbitral tribunals. She also advised owners and contractors managing claims and disputes in ongoing mid-and-large-scale infrastructure projects. Lidia is a native Portuguese speaker.
Prior to joining the firm, Lidia was an associate at a Brazilian boutique law firm.
- Representing a Brazilian oil & gas company in an UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Paris over the interpretation of a Joint Operating Agreement under Brazilian law.
- Representing a Brazilian oil & gas company in an ICC arbitration regarding the construction of modules to be used in a floating, production, storage and offloading platforms for oil and gas production (FPSOs).
- Representing a Brazilian state-owned energy company in an SCC arbitration against a Chinese construction company regarding construction and engineering defects in a thermoelectric plant.
- Advising a Brazilian naval construction company engaged in the engineering and construction of an FPSO under a New York-law EPC contract.
- Representing a company that manufactures rugged embedded computing products against the German and American affiliates of an American multinational conglomerate in an ICC arbitration seated in New York concerning disputes arising out of a stock purchase agreement and related agreements.
- Representing IBM in a federal technology licensing case against a Taiwanese chip manufacturer.
- Won substantial recovery for a Brazilian construction company in ICC arbitration concerning delays and cost overruns in the construction of an FPSO.
- Successfully represented the Italian tunneling company SELI and its Guatemalan affiliate in an action to enforce, and resist efforts to vacate, an ICC arbitral award against the construction company Cobra in federal court in Miami.
- Prepared claims valuation analysis for the provisional liquidators of a large commodities trading conglomerate based in Hong Kong.
- Represented a foreign central bank in the Southern District of New York in a dispute over the validity and timeliness of claims for repayment under two decades-old loan agreements.
- Represented a Brazilian construction company in an ICC arbitration regarding additional costs in the construction of a gas refinery.
- Represented a Brazilian construction company in an arbitration regarding the electromechanical installation of turbines in a hydroelectric plant.
- Advised a Brazilian construction company engaged in the engineering and construction of municipal infrastructure in Libya before the armed conflicts of 2011.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.