July 2020 – On Thursday, July 16th, Anibal Sabater will participate in a one-on-one interview with Flor & Hurtado partner Agustin Hurtado. The webinar, titled “How will COVID-19 affect International Arbitration? Opportunities and Challenges,” will cover a wide-variety of topics related to COVID-19’s impact on international arbitration, including:
- Logistical aspects such as delays and disruptions in existing and future processes, the transition to virtual audiences, and the impact on arbitration centers
- The economic crisis and resulting increase in conflicts and arbitrations
- The conflicts that will arise from political crises
- How arbitrators will resolve conflicts in a radically different political and economic environment than before, and the change in power and tolerance of “illegitamate” acts of States
- The potential for increased settling of disputes
- The potential revision of Investment Protection Treaties
- The potential creation of an Investment Dispute Court
The webinar will take place on Thursday, July 16th at 5:00pm EST. Registration is available here.
The event is hosted by Flor & Hurtado and the Franco-Ecuadorian Chamber of Commerce and will be spoken in Spanish.