Where Advocacy Meets Business
We exist to help you resolve your critical business disputes.
Our sole focus is to help clients address commercial disputes, whether in court or arbitration. Our goal is to get the best result with the least cost and disruption. Our approach is to listen closely, to understand your dispute in its commercial context, and to identify your objectives. We then deploy our skills, creativity and judgment to achieve those objectives.
We are a top choice for general commercial disputes.
We bring decades of elite firm experience.
- Our founding partners were firm leaders at an elite global law firm. We have grown our senior team by hand-picking additional partners and counsel from other premier firms and through internal promotions.
- Nearly all of our associates also come from the highest levels of the profession, having joined us from firms such as Paul Weiss, Simpson Thacher, Williams & Connolly, Gibson Dunn, Mayer Brown, Clifford Chance, Allen & Overy, Cleary Gottlieb, and others.
We should be your ONLY choice for certain cases.
Any important commercial dispute requires lawyers with great commercial skills and a winning record. We have those, and have delivered great results across a broad range of cases. But some cases also benefit from specialized knowledge and experience on top of general commercial capabilities. We have such specialized knowledge in the following areas:
- We are the world’s leading US-based boutique for International Arbitration.
- We are New York’s leading firm for Insurance and Reinsurance Disputes.
- Within and at the intersections of our market-leading practice areas, we also have these additional specialty areas of focus:
For disputes in these areas, we’re not just a top choice. We should be your only choice.
We tailor our business to serve yours.
Clients come to Chaffetz Lindsey for our combination of top lawyering skills, practical problem solving and business acumen. We gained all of those qualities over decades focusing on our clients’ businesses. But we are not just your lawyers – we are business people ourselves. Building and running our own firm for the past 10 years has substantially deepened our commercial instincts.
Most lawyers have only ever been sellers of client services. They can pay lip service to maximizing value, but they can’t put themselves in their clients’ shoes. We’re different. As business owners, we’re on the buy-side for business services just like our clients, and that perspective gives us better insight into what our clients need. You should hire us for our quality, but you can also expect from us:
- Greater partner attention.
- A low associate-to-partner ratio of 2:1.
- Lean and efficient staffing.
- Fewer conflicts.
- More flexible pricing.
- And more broadly, our relentless drive to serve your business, just as we want our business partners to serve ours.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.