Where Advocacy Meets Business
“I enjoy working with clients in a variety of industries to develop strategies to resolve complex disputes and efficiently manage each stage of the dispute resolution process.”
Joshua Anders (or “J.D.”) represents individual and corporate clients in disputes in state and federal court and in arbitration proceedings. J.D.’s clients and colleagues consider him an asset in complex disputes because of his strong legal research and analytical skills, extensive experience with electronic discovery and complex disputes, and his ability to digest and understand relevant facts and develop intelligent strategies for accomplishing the client’s goals.
J.D. represents individual and corporate clients in complex litigation in state and federal court, arbitration proceedings, and criminal and regulatory investigations.
Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey in 2013, J.D. was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.
J.D. has represented:
- Makers of cosmetics and body care products in consumer class actions alleging that their products were improperly marketed as “natural” when they contained synthetic ingredients.
- Insurance carriers in disputes involving complex claims, including coverage for construction defects, products liability, environmental contamination, antitrust, and defamation.
- An international market research company in an action alleging theft of trade secrets and breach of a non-disclosure agreement.
- A purchaser of insurance commission streams in an action alleging that the seller breached its representations and warranties by providing incorrect disclosures.
- A state-owned oil company in an action opposing confirmation of a foreign arbitration award that was vacated at the seat of the arbitration.
- A major newspaper publisher in an action alleging fraud in connection with a bidding process for newspaper distribution contracts.
- A pharmaceutical company in a DOJ investigation regarding off-label marketing practices and disclosure of a drug’s safety profile.
- An investment management company in an action alleging breach of fiduciary duty brought by a class of investors in structured debt securities.
- A public official in a criminal investigation by the DOJ.
- A corporation in a class action alleging employment discrimination.
- A steel mill services company in an action seeking to enforce an arbitration award.
- An American Indian tribe in litigation concerning the wrongful dispossession of tribal land.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.