Where Advocacy Meets Business
“I strive to acquire my clients’ confidence that I’m working to understand the questions and develop the answers before I’m asked. I do this by putting myself in their shoes, experiencing the problem or dispute from a first-person perspective.”
Ted has experience representing clients in a wide range of complex litigation and arbitration matters, including insurance and reinsurance arbitration and mediation, securities litigation, and international commercial arbitration. He has represented banks, fund companies, insurers and reinsurers, multinational corporations, and individuals in courts across the United States and under major international arbitration rules including ICDR, ICC, and ICSID.
Ted joined Chaffetz Lindsey in April 2011 from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. While at Simpson Thacher, Ted spent several years litigating, arbitrating, and mediating issues arising out of the September 11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. He also worked on a team of international arbitration specialists focused on resolving clients’ bilateral investment treaty disputes. At Chaffetz Lindsey, Ted has continued to develop the diversity of his practice, representing clients across the full spectrum of the firm’s practice areas.
- Currently representing global insurance companies in several major coverage disputes.
- Currently representing multiple foreign multinationals in arbitration award enforcement proceedings.
- Obtained preliminary injunction in Florida district court for German multinational in aid of pending arbitration.
- Represented a UK company in ICDR arbitration relating to a joint venture dispute.
- Represented a European pension fund in litigation against a U.S. financial services company over securities delivery.
- Represented a European reinsurance company in ad hoc arbitration seated in New York over disputes with U.S. based insurance companies relating to XOL reinsurance contracts.
- Represented a foreign central bank in the Southern District of New York and the Second Circuit in an action by judgment creditors to enforce billions of dollars in outstanding judgments against nearly $2 billion in assets restrained and later blocked in a New York bank account.
- Advised insurer and reinsurer in connection with exposure to losses arising out of the destruction of the World Trade Center.
- Represented major U.S. based multinational in BIT arbitration over power plant development.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Columbia University Alumni Recruiting Committee
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.