May 2021 – Chambers & Partners has released its 2021 USA Guide and once again recognized Chaffetz Lindsey as the go-to New York-based boutique firm for Insurance and International Arbitration disputes. Chaffetz Lindsey is the only firm to be ranked in to the top two bands of both categories. In addition, ten Chaffetz Lindsey attorneys were individually ranked in the Insurance and International Arbitration practice areas.
Chaffetz Lindsey was ranked in Band 1 of Dispute Resolution: Insurer: New York. It is one of only two firms to be included in the top tier. Referees say, “Chaffetz Lindsey can always be relied upon to provide sophisticated solutions” and “it is one of the best law firms I have worked with.”
In addition, the firm has more attorneys individually ranked for insurance than any other firm. Our team received the following recognition:
- Peter Chaffetz is ranked in Band 1 in both the New York Advice to Insurer table and the USA-Nationwide: Reinsurance list. Peter is noted as “extremely knowledgeable and specializes in the conduct of complex commercial litigation and insurance/reinsurance disputes.” Additionally, he was credited as “a top-notch lawyer who is very experienced and hard-working,” and “a very well-known and skilled reinsurance lawyer.”
- Cecilia Moss is described by Chambers as “experienced in advising and litigating on behalf of insurance carriers in a range of coverage disputes.” Sources call her out as “a rising star in the reinsurance area.”
- Referees called Steven Schwartz “an outstanding lawyer who is very knowledgeable and can handle any dispute work.” They go on to say “he is an excellent writer, trial lawyer, and strategist with extensive knowledge of the industry.” One referee noted that “when [Steve’s] on the other side of the table, I know I’m in for a good and fair fight. He’s very talented.” Steve is also ranked in the USA-Nationwide: Reinsurance table.
- Sources say Charles Scibetta “knows the law inside and out and can easily spot issues. He can always be relied upon to come up with a novel and creative argument when needed and works tirelessly to achieve success. Charles Scibetta takes pride in providing great client service and takes the time to really understand our business and our needs as a client in each individual matter.” They go on to say he “is a strong lawyer with a well-rounded practice.”
The firm’s International Arbitration practice was moved up to Band 2 of USA-Nationwide International Arbitration: The Elite, making the firm the only boutique to be included in the top two bands of the rankings. Chambers noted, “The team stands out as being highly specialized in international arbitration matters.” Clients say, “Their case presentation to the tribunal was compelling, and the team tirelessly worked to find new arguments or new angles to old arguments to bolster our case.”
In addition, all of the firm’s core International Arbitration partners are individually ranked, receiving the following recognition:
- James Hosking is noted by referees as “very focused and has great strategic thinking. He has the ability to present the challenges to the client in a clear way and propose solutions to better serve the client’s needs in the arbitration.” They also say “he has his finger on the pulse, he knows the law and he understands the industries and the major players.” James is also included on the USA-Nationwide: Arbitrators rankings. Interviewees note “he is truly excellent and fairminded. He solicits the views of his co-arbitrators and seeks to make decisions by consensus.”
- Yasmine Lahlou is “an incredible lawyer” who “handles the case perfectly.” Referees note “She is so well organized, with a great strategic view on the construction of the arguments, and has very good experience in arbitral proceedings.”
- An interviewee says, “I think very highly of David Lindsey. He’s a hard-working guy” and “he’s well respected.”
- Caline Mouawad is praised by referees as “an excellent practitioner” who is a “hard-working and impressive lawyer.” An interviewee commented “I think Caline is really excellent and she does both commercial and investment treaty work.”
- Referees say Aníbal Sabater “knows how to deal with these disputes and he handles the matter efficiently. He is particularly good at presenting arguments and defining strategy.” They go on to state that “he is very good in his analysis and work product.” Other sources note “he is really good and has excellent Latin American expertise.”
Chambers USA released a new spotlight table for USA-Nationwide: Enforcement. Chaffetz Lindsey is one of twenty firms to be included on the new list. Sources say, “Chaffetz Lindsey has a brilliant, collaborative and creative litigation team with excellent knowledge of international litigation and practices.”
To view the firm’s entire profile, please visit the Chambers USA website. Since 1999, Chambers & Partners has been researching the global legal profession, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms. Chambers USA 2021 rankings are determined through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients worldwide. The results are audited independently and are based on a range of professional qualities most valued by clients.