Where Advocacy Meets Business
Erin has represented individual and corporate clients as well as foreign sovereigns in U.S. courts and before arbitral tribunals. She has managed international arbitrations, complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and insurance coverage disputes in a diverse set of industries including construction, energy, entertainment, education, pharmaceuticals, and financial services.
In addition, Erin leads Chaffetz Lindsey’s client development team – helping to set our team’s priorities and ensure that we effectively address our clients’ needs while maintaining the highest standard of service.
Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey, Erin was an associate with the International Justice Network where she represented individuals detained at the United States airbase in Bagram, Afghanistan in habeas proceedings in both district and appellate courts.
- Representing foreign sovereign in ICC arbitration against a private tertiary education provider.
- Representing a Swiss financial institution and a Bermuda fund manager in a series of bankruptcy adversary proceedings and shareholder class actions.
- Represented a global insurance company in coverage dispute valued at over $500M.
- Represented a Chilean electrical engineering and construction company in an ICDR arbitration arising out of an engineering, procurement, and construction contract.
- Represented a foreign sovereign’s central bank in federal district court and on appeal in a dispute over seized funds.
- Represented the Republic of Liberia in an ICSID arbitration concerning a dispute with a Canadian mining company.
- Represented a global entertainment company in a private arbitration against a Mexican corporation resulting in a successful damages award.
- Represented a Japanese insurance company in a trial in federal district court and on appeal.
- Represented a supranational organization in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Singapore in a dispute over a construction contract.
- Represented the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture as amicus curiae before the U.S. Supreme Court in Malaqleh v. Gates.
- Represented the New York City Bar Association as amicus curiae before the U.S. Supreme Court in Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum.
- Adjunct Faculty in International Civil Litigation, Fordham University School of Law (Fall 2020)
- Speaker “On the Fast Track in US and International Arbitration.” CPR Annual Meeting (February 2020)
- Debater, “The Current Systems in the US and UK Kill Access to Justice,” (London, Nov. 2019)
- Speaker, “Law Firm Management in the New Normal,” University of Pennsylvania Law School (March 2019)
- Guest Lecturer on Commercial Arbitration, University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.