Where Advocacy Meets Business
To achieve the best possible outcome for my clients, I love thinking through complex facts underlying a dispute in order to assemble the base case then collaborating with colleagues to anticipate and address all potential concerns.
Matilde has experience in international commercial arbitration and investment disputes. She has handled cases conducted under all major arbitration rules, including ICDR, ICC, UNCITRAL, ICSID and LCIA. Her cases have involved disputes in the energy sector, construction, licensing and distribution agreements and banking and finance. Matilde has specific experience with damages modeling in the context of long-term contracts.
Prior to joining Chaffetz Lindsey in August 2019, Matilde was an associate at an international law firm, based in Paris, where her practice focused on complex commercial and investment arbitrations.
- Representing developer and manufacturer of wind energy turbines in ICDR-administered arbitration with wind farm owner regarding alleged product defects, delay, and missed milestones arising under an EPC contract.
- Representing a multinational energy company in an ICSID arbitration against a Latin American sovereign alleging breaches of a bilateral investment treaty and investment law, including unlawful intervention in the electricity and gas markets.
- Advised an African state on the procedure for accession and ratification of the New York Convention and the Convention for the International Sale of Goods
- Represented the national oil company of an East Asian state against a consortium of foreign investors concerning a production sharing agreement for the exploration and production of oil.
- Represented the national oil company of a Latin American state in an ICC arbitration initiated by Dutch and North American investors after the nationalization of an offshore oil project.
- Represented a national oil company in an ICC arbitration concerning nationalization of two oil projects and implementation of a windfall tax.
Subscribe to Updates
Stay informed of Chaffetz Lindsey’s updates, new articles, and events invitations by subscribing to our mailing list.